MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) generates high-resolution images of the body from a variety of angles using a magnetic field and radio waves. MRI can generate information about the brain, spine, joints, and internal organs that may not be easily obtainable from other tests. It is a very reliable image scanning tool that produces high-quality images leading to early detection and treatment of disease.
The benefits of 3T MRI for Patients:
- A more accurate diagnosis leading to better outcomes
- Shorter examination times; a patient with claustrophobia can receive a brain MRI in as little as fifteen minutes with the 3T MRI, reducing the time you spend in an MRI machine, reducing your stress levels
- More detailed images with greater resolution, enables the identification of smaller lesions and anatomical structures
- Detects problems which cannot be seen with less powerful scanners
- Allows more sophisticated imaging procedures
- Has a lower risk of distorted images so lessens the need for repeated scans
- Reduces the need for invasive procedures
To learn more about MRI please watch the video below.